Sunday, July 1, 2012

When Poetry Arrives....


As I shared in my previous blog, I have started a new spiritual discipline using Soul Cards.  I choose a card for the week and live with it, curious as to what will show up.  I journal about it.  Sometimes it comes into my painting.  Sometimes into my dreaming.
But what has been showing up in the last week is poetry.  Again.  This is quite interesting to me, as I do not think of myself as a poet.  However, it has brought powerful moments of healing, Ah Ha!!, and Now I Get It.
So, I thought I would share the poetry with you.  I will put the image of the Soul Card with its corresponding poem.
Heart Opening
Expanding, growing, transforming
Future Me



Shadows all around
I lay
pushing my Shadow away
I sit
inviting my Shadow in
into my vision
into my dreams
I kneel
integrating Shadow and Light
making me whole
I stand
waves rippling out
from ME.






I sit
cradling Death.
Holding it tenderly, lovingly
“Farewell,”  I whisper soothingly
Cradling it in my arms.
“Go and be with God,” I bless it
lifting it to the Heavens
releasing it as I would a dove.
“Peace on You Journey,” I call to Death
as I watch it fly away...
I am left 
standing there
empty
barren
stripped
arms open to the Universe
reaching and expanding
toward Shalom.



Blessed Be.




No comments:

Post a Comment