Monday, July 9, 2012

The Invitation from the Eye...


Because my Eye freaked me out, I continued to work on the same piece, going deeper, paying close attention to my Eye, listening to what it was asking of me and going there.  I spent three days working on just my Eye.  Playing with it.  Adding to it.  Allowing it to come to its fullness of expression...
In my previous blog, I shared to the point of the twinkle that showed up and how it sparked some poetry.   
Last night, this came.  This Haiku.  It came in the middle of the night enlightening me to what is happening with my Eye.
Tears Fall Westwardly
Cleansing healing woundedness
Heart rooting growing
Tears Fall Westwardly
Twinkle ignites in my Eye
Heart Blossoms Open
I sat with that twinkle waiting for the next invitation, learning from it:  the spark of energy, life, vibrancy;  but also that spark of mischievous playfulness.  When I opened to that mischievousness the invitation appeared...
The invitation to open my heart to love and life and play.  The invitation to embark on the journey of life by following my heart.  The invitation to allow my heart to guide me, to open me, to drive me, to root me.  
I love that the hearts came in purple.  The deep purple of the Crown Chakra first.  Reminding me to first open my heart to the Holy so that it is the Holy’s heart that flows through me, that expresses Herself through my heart.  
So that, as the lighter purple of the Third Eye arrived, all that I do, all that I manifest, all that I listen to for guidance is intertwined with the Holy, the Sacred in this world and beyond.
And then the Light showed up.  After the lighter purple of ME, the Light of the Holy appeared as a rose shining forth over all that was, is and amazingly will be...
The following morning, I began to realize that I was too attached to the Eye.  The Eye had come and taught me what I needed to learn (for the moment).  Now I felt like it was time to move deeper, to release the Eye and the Rose into the Universe and see what would show up.  That was tough to do because the only way I know how to do this in painting is to ruin my painting; to do something drastic that will bring about an “UGH! I hate this” reaction.  It was a huge UGH reaction when I went there.  So huge, that I spent the whole following two days working hard to bring some sense of peace to my soul and painting.
I started by making the twinkle larger and that was okay.  I added fireworks to the rose and that was okay.  It was when I touched the yellow circle that everything fell apart.  Then the enlarged spiral completely put me over the edge.  My soul was shaken.  
Of course, it did not help that I was also packing all my belongings to move out of my apartment making the ending of a 10 year relationship real.  It was probably not the best day to ruin my painting and send me into my Shadow.  But I have realized that, in my life, that is the time it happens;  those are the moments when stuff bubbles up from my Shadow inviting me to pay attention yet again to something that needs healing, releasing, expressing, reclaiming, growth.
So I worked at this painting....


  
and I worked at it....












and continued to work at it




until it began to come together....





until all of my Chakras showed up.  
I had this moment -- wow!!!  So that is what this is all about.  I’ve been painting them one by one for months.  Painting them set me on this journey that I’ve been on.  And I am about to begin painting them again, weekly this time.
Here they all are, twirling, spiraling, doing their thing:
First the Third Eye (lighter purple)
Then the Heart (green)
Then the Throat (voice) (blue)
Then Power (yellow)
Then Sacral  (orange)
Then Root (red)
and finally Crown  (darker purple)
And then Light showed up again, mixed with Shadow.  It seems to me that this is wholeness.  Light and Shadow together as one engaging all the Chakras in living fully.  
A really cool vibrant active bouquet of life!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment