Thursday, February 20, 2014

Confession time...

The past few weeks I have been in a funk.  I have eaten according to my mood — stuff I would not choose to eat.  I have watched more Netflix in the past two weeks than in the past year.  I am sleeping horribly.  I am in a funk!

Then it snowed.  Again.  For like the 15th time this winter and I was stuck inside.  My funk got worse and I yelled out the Spirit, “What is causing this funk?”  I do not know what I expected.  No voice yelled back at me.  There was silence.  I sat down on my couch defeated and closed my eyes.  I sat there in silence.

Then I realized I had not sat in silence before the Sacred in weeks.

Oh, I had not sat in silence in weeks. So, I opened my eyes, turned and picked a SoulCard.  I picked this woman who was standing in a prayer position.  Red strands were going from Her up to Heaven above.  Blue strands were flowing down from Heaven to Her, surrounding Her.

I do not think Spirit could have been clearer.  I have been neglecting my spiritual self-care.  My wellspring was dry.  Hence the funk.  That dialogue, that respect, that love, that grace, those blessings…all that I have experienced when I am connected to the Sacred was lacking.  I was not taking the time to notice Spirit’s movement in my life; to send my love and respect to Spirit.

So, I took a retreat in my own apartment.  I accepted the blessing of the snow days.  I went deep into prayer.  I sat in silence.  I painted my prayer.  I journaled.  I journeyed.  I reconnected!!

And guess what?  My funk is dissipating.  I have more energy.  I am writing again.  I am feeling like I want to care for myself better.  I am out and about more.  I am laughing and enjoying Spirit’s presence in my life.

It is important that we pay attention to our connection to the Sacred.  It makes a huge difference in my day.  I would guess in yours as well.


I invite you to be conscious of how you are connected to God.  Make a conscious choice.  Take the time YOU need to fill your wellspring.  Watch what happens inside you and around you as a result of consciously connecting to the Sacred.

No comments:

Post a Comment