Wednesday, February 12, 2014

a mini Sabbath on Jones Beach

I have a dream to create a Spirituality Center.  I have named it the Sabbath Center. My hope is to offer a place where people can come and commune with the Sacred, deepen their connection to all that is Holy. 

And yet, many of us feel we are too busy to get away.  How can we take a week, or even a weekend, off when all these tasks need to be accomplished?  How can we take time away for ourselves when we really ought to be with family/friends/lovers?  It is important to feed ourselves; to take care of our Souls; of our relationship to the Sacred.

I believe we need to not just take chunks of time away, but carve out a moment each day to connect to the Sacred.  So I began to wonder, how can I offer mini-sabbaths?  What would a mini-sabbath look like?  Feel like?

Walking the beach the other day, I took a video.  Very short.  I watched it later in the week when life to extremely busy and stressful.  I noticed my breathe deepened, the worlds melted away, the Sacred stepped forward.  Me and the Sacred for barely one minute of video.  A mini-sabbath.  

I will offer you all mini-sabbaths from time to time.  Short video clips.  Maybe a photo/image to contemplate for a minute.  A portal into the world of the Sacred.

I pray and hope you feel Spirit moving in your soul; you feel your breathe deepen and slow; you feel the busyness of the world melt away.  I pray and hope for that one minute you stand before all that is Sacred in this Universe and breathe in that revitalizing healing energy.

Blessed be.


No comments:

Post a Comment