Saturday, April 5, 2014

Lessons from a pine cone...

This week I went on my monthly retreat.  It has just finished raining and I was walking the Land visiting all my Tree friends.  As I greeted my friend Scots Pine, I noticed that all her pine cones had closed up!  Last time I was there they were wide open.  Now, they were shut tight.  Nothing could get in.  And they were speaking to me; calling to me.

I reached down and picked one up holding it in my hands, seeing how, all closed up, everything inside was safe.

I carried it with me the rest of the walk and brought it back to my room.  Overnight, it opened wide open!  As the pine cone dried out, it opened up to reveal its inner beauty, to allow its seeds freedom to grow.

It had closed up in the storm!  Now that the storm was gone, the pine cone opened back up.

And there is a Grace given to me by my Land.  It is okay, and necessary, to protect my heart, to close it in the storms of life.  When the sun comes out, when I am in places of safety and Sacred Love, the invitation is to unwind and open anew, allowing my seeds of Love freedom to grow and manifest.


May it be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment